Popular flowers for Valentine’s day
We believe that any flower you’ll chose will make a perfect Valentine gift for your special someone, because it was picked by your loving heart. However, if you want some guidance, or want your flower message to be easily recognizable, there are some popular types of flowers for Valentine’s day that have almost become classic.
Yes! Passionate red roses are Valentine’s day absolute favorites. They say that nothing can convey your love better than a fragrant bouquet of this beauties. You may choose luxurious long-stem roses, breathtaking bouquet of 101 or 1001 roses, gorgeous arrangement in a hatbox, creative arrangement in a bag, or just give a single meaningful flower — you’re sure to make the best impression!
Exquisite and gorgeous orchids are famous eastern symbols of love, charm, beauty, fertility, seduction, and, depending on variety, male or female intimate parts. Also its sweet vanilla aroma is a very valuable aphrodisiac. On its native land, Mexico, Aztecs believed, that a gift of orchid flower is able to awaken love and passion in your special someone’s heart.
Since the Middle ages Lily is a well-known symbol of royalty and motherhood, but more importantly it is a symbol of pure love, fidelity, admiration and noble feelings. Knights held the lily in very high regard and used to give it to their ladies as a promise of devotion and deep platonic love. While white lilies are an obvious sign of purity, red lilies speak of passion and are perfect for proposal bouquets.
Tulip is a classic flower of perfect and enduring love. Also it is a sign of undying and passionate feelings. Turkish people believed, that this flower is a symbol of the Paradise on Earth. Red and pink tulips symbolize love, which is why when you give a bouquet of flame tulips to you special someone means you are head over heels in love.
Carnation is a high-prized flower in many cultures that, depending on its color, symbolize all types of love. Meaning of white carnation have a lot of common with lily flower meaning and stands for pure unconditional love. Red carnation, just like rose, symbolize deep love and admiration. In China carnation is one of the most common wedding flower, in Japan — a symbol of romantic and mother’s love, and in Victorian era carnation was a popular token from a secret admirer.
Valentine’s day flowers for her
She’s a queen of your thoughts, a pearl of your heart and your most valuable treasure — she’s your Valentine! And, of course, Valentine’s day is a synonym of flowers. So when it comes to purchase a romantic bouquet, her preferences should be your top priority. If you know a particular flower she’s passionate about, it’s better to consider gifting her a bouquet of that specific flower. If she likes mystical things with special symbolism, you can choose a flower that can convey your feelings on the flower language and then explain it to her personally. And if your relationships have just started and you haven’t learnt her flower preferences yet, here’s a guide to best flowers for Valentine’s day:
- If you want to declare your passionate love towards her — choose red roses.
- For tender and romantic feelings — pink shade of buds.
- If she’s your friend and you want her to be happy — yellow.
- Purple are perfect if you are charmed and want to solve her mystery.
- White color means that your thoughts, intentions and feelings towards her are pure.
- Rainbow roses are a great gift for young and joyful girl.
- Shade of blue means that she is a very special person in your life.
- A bouquet of multicolored roses have no particular meaning and can not be consider as a sign of deep feelings.
Tender and delicate lisianthus (or eustoma) flower can tell a lot about your feelings. At the first glance it said that you admire the beauty of your fair lady, her manners, kindness and feminity. But it is more than meets the eye for this flower: on Victorian flower language lisianthus is a symbol of the joining of two people for a lifetime bond. This flower also comes in a huge variety of colors, and every color had its own meaning:
- Red — of course rich red eustoma carry a meaning of deep mutual feelings between two lovers.
- Pink — is a token of first romantic feelings, and it is a perfect shade for a young girl.
- Blue means that you consider your special someone as a soulmate.
- White is a sign that you want to start a romantic relationship.
- Green says: «You can trust me and lean on me, no matter what».
While some flowers have deep meanings, alstroemeria have very simple symbolism. Generally flower stands for devotion and mutual support, as well as shows that you are very interested in person, perhaps even in a romantic sense. Alstroemeria comes almost in every majority color, and its shades have more interesting meanings:
- Pink and red show your affection and warmth towards someone
- Orange means that you love spending time together and hope that it can become something more.
- Yellow stands for pure joy and friendship.
- White show your sincere admiration and purity of your thoughts.
- Violet says that you definitely want to spent more time together and get to know each other better.
- Blue is an invitation to a new level of your relationship.
Calla lily is, perhaps, the most luxurious, exquisite and refined flower. The beauty of its buds, purity of the lines and perfection of its shape is truly breathtaking. It seems that there is no woman in the world who would not have admired the beauty of snow white calla lily. This exceptional flower is a talisman of love and happy family life, and represents feminity and beauty of the woman that have won your heart.
Valentine’s day flowers for him
Who said you can’t convey your love towards your hero with beautiful and fragrant flowers? Come on, it’s already XXI century! We know for sure: there are men who will be secretly pleased with a stylish and smart bouquet of flower from his beloved lady. Trust us: for every man there is a flower!
There are no particular manly flowers, but you can use etiquette rules for flower bouquet for a man:
- Manly bouquet should have clear pyramid shape and do not contain any messy elements.
- Any decorations are forbidden.
- Masculine bouquet should not be fragrant.
- Flowers should be in bold and bright colors.
- Best manly flowers are: gerberas, roses, orchids, calla lilies, irises and sunflowers.
- Monochromatic color palette and contrasting colors are the best choice for male bouquet.
- Avoid any soft and pastel shades.
- Blooms have to be big and bold.
- Bouquet for a man should not be small or round-shaped.
- Hatboxes or baskets are not appropriate.
- Bouquet for a guy should not have any lace elements, bows and beads.
- You can choose eco-style braid, jute, or refuse to pack flowers at all.
Valentine’s day flowers for mom
Perhaps mom is the only person who really deserves flowers for every holiday. Make her feel loved and make this day special for her with a wonderful bouquet of carefully chosen hand-arranged flowers. We can assure you: she will be on seventh heaven with your bouquet and will remember it for a very long time.
Thick and fluffy chrysanthemum is a well-known symbol of non-romantic and mother’s love. In Japan this flower is considered as a talisman of family ties and good relationships between family members. In Australia and US it is the official Mother’s day flower. Giving chrysanthemum as a gift means that you appreciate everything she had ever done for you.
Lily is a perfect feminine flower that represents womanhood, fertility and many facets of womanhood in different cultures. Lily also symbolize pregnancy, maternity and sacrificial love of the mother. A bouquet of lilies presented to your mother will show how much you love her and how much you really care about her.
White rose is a symbol of pure and platonic love. A white rose is always a manifestation of sincere admiration and deep warm feelings. Giving a this flower means your love towards your mother is pure, strong and everlasting.
Even if, for some reasons, you can’t spent this romantic day with your special someone, you can always declare your love and convey your feelings by sending a beautiful bouquet of Valentine’s day flowers with same-day international delivery available.